AUTOMOBILE RENTAL SUPPLEMENTAL EXCESS INSURANCE
SALES AGREEMENT ADDENDUM TO
COVERAGE PROVIDED BY:
AUTO RENTAL INSURANCE GROUP PCS (ARIG)
IN RETURN FOR PAYMENT OF THE PREMIUM AND SUBJECT TO ALL TERMS OF THE POLICY, ARIG AGREES TO PROVIDE THE SUPPLEMENTAL EXCESS INSURANCE STATED IN THE POLICY. PURCHASE OF COVERAGE MUST OCCUR PRIOR TO THE INCEPTION OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT.
Rental Company: Native Campervans, LLC
Rental Company Policy Number: 501235-6
Agreement Addendum Number: S501235220622144322
Issued To: Ben Neumann
Coverage Begins: 6/22/2022 12:01AM
Coverage Ends: 6/22/2022 11:59PM
Purchase Date: 6/22/2022 02:43:24 PM
Total Charged: USD $14.95
Credit Card: Visa **7107
Cardholder Name: Ben Neumann
Coverage: Rental Supplemental Excess Liability
Limits: Maximum Total Aggregate Limit Per Accident
Private Passenger Bodily Injury: Up to $1,000,000 with a $200,000 maximum BI limit per person (as described below)
Motorcycles Bodily Injury: Up to $300,000 with a $60,000 maximum BI Limit per person (as described below)
Property Damage: $50,000 (as described below - Excluding for Motorcycles)
Property Damage: $10,000 (as described below - for Motorcycles)
Bodily Injury Maximum Limit: Private Passenger Vehicles: Maximum Bodily Injury Limit: $ 1,000,000 (as described below) (Including vehicles such as: Sedans, SUVs, Vans, and Recreational Vehicles-when approved by Insurance Carrier); Internal Limits Apply: $200,000 per person Bodily Injury limit per Accident (Included in Aggregate limit and reduced by any other valid and collectible insurance).
Bodily Injury Maximum Limit: Motorcycles: $300,000 (as described below) (including vehicles such as Motorcycles, ATVs, and all Off Road Vehicles-when approved in advance by Insurance Carrier); Internal Limits Apply: $60,000 per person Bodily Injury Limit per Accident (Included in Aggregate limit and reduced by any other valid and collectible insurance). Property Damage Maximum Limit: Private Passenger Vehicles: $ 50,000 (Non-Motorcycles) and $10,000 (Motorcycles) for any Property Damage Claims (as described below).
Subject to the terms, limitations, and exclusions of the policy, the applicable policy limit is the difference between the Maximum Total Aggregate Limit ($1,000,000 for private passenger vehicles) and the total of all other valid and collectible insurance policies including but not limited to:
· The primary policy (required to be maintained by the “Policy Holder” or Rental Company) providing at least the State Specific Minimum Financial Responsibility Limits, and
· All other valid and collectible insurance policies, including but not limited, to:
o any personal automobile coverage that may be in existence, or
o any excess or supplemental insurance that may exist outside of the Policy
· However, this Rental Supplemental Excess Liability Policy will only provide coverage after all other valid and collectible insurance policies have been exhausted by payment.
· The cost of defense, including attorney's fees and case expenses are included in the Maximum Total Aggregate Limit.
· When the $50,000 Property Damage limit applies, applicable to non-motorcycles (as described above), it is reduced by the state minimum financial responsibility limit and is included in and reduces the Maximum Total Aggregate limit.
· When the $10,000 Property Damage limit applies, applicable to motorcycles (as described above), it is excess of the state minimum financial responsibility limit and is included in and reduces the Maximum Total Aggregate limit.
· Liability for injuries or property damage to guest passengers or their belongings is excluded from this Rental Supplemental Excess Liability Policy; this is considered first-party exposure and is not covered under the Policy.
· If an individual rental contract, that has selected the coverage provided by the Policy, extends beyond the policy period of this coverage, the coverage provided by the Policy terminates at the end of the original rental term as indicated on the rental contract or 28 days after the start or pick-up date, whichever occurs first. In the event of termination of the Policy, the coverage provided by the Policy will not apply to any extensions of the rental agreement beyond the original end of the rental term as indicated in the original rental contract.
· The Policy will only provide coverage on Rental Agreements of the “policyholder” and their customers that have selected this coverage. The Rental Agreement must be executed, including selection of this coverage, and signed, by all parties within the policy period. Stated above. UNDERLYING INSURANCE COMPANY: Must be provided to Auto Rental Insurance Group PCS at the inception and each renewal of underlying insurance and as described in “Underlying Insurance” paragraph below.
UNDERLYING INSURANCE: The first layer of insurance will be the primary insurance policy on the vehicle, which will provide at least the State Specific Minimum Financial Responsibility Limit and may have higher limits. All other applicable insurance policies, including, but not limited to, primary, excess, or supplemental insurance, must provide coverage before this Rental Supplemental Excess Liability Policy provides coverage.
Limit of Insurance: Regardless of the number of “insureds,” “rental vehicles,” premiums paid, claims made, or vehicles involved in the “accident,” for each “rental agreement” the most we will pay for the “ultimate net loss,” resulting from any one “accident,” is the difference between the dollar amount shown in ITEM 4A. of the Policy Declarations and the total limits of all applicable “underlying insurance policies” and/or applicable self-insurance.
ULTIMATE NET LOSS: “Ultimate net loss” means all sums for which an “insured” becomes legally obligated to pay, as damages for “bodily injury” and “property damage” combined. “Ultimate net loss” will be reduced by deduction for all salvage or recoveries which have been or will be paid. The “Ultimate net loss” is limited by the policy limits, which for the supplemental excess liability insurance is the difference between $1,000,000 or $300,000 for Motorcycles, with a $200,000 or $60,000 for Motorcycles maximum limit per person, and the total of all other applicable insurance policies, including the primary policy that will provide at least the State Specific Minimum Financial Responsibility Limits and all other applicable insurance policies, including, but not limited to primary, excess or supplemental insurance, however, the Rental Supplemental Excess Liability Policy will only provide coverage after all other valid and applicable insurance policies have been exhausted by payment. The cost of defense, including attorney’s fees and case expenses, also reduces the amount of coverage. In addition, the $50,000 or $10,000 for Motorcycles property damage limit is included in the limit described in this paragraph.
Exclusions Include but Not Limited To:
This insurance does not apply to any of the following:
1. “Bodily injury” or “property damage” arising out of the use, or permitting the use, of a “rental vehicle”:
a. By any driver other than the “renter” or an “authorized driver”;
b. By any driver while under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
c. For any illegal purpose;
d. To carry persons or property for hire;
e. To tow or propel any other“ auto”;
f. In any race, contest, or training activity.
g. Off-road or on unpaved roads that are not regularly maintained;
h. In violation of the “rental agreement.”
i. In violation of any local, state and/or federal laws or statutes.
2. Any loss, cost, or expense payable under or resulting from any first party physical damage coverage; no-fault law; personal injury protection or auto medical payments coverage; or uninsured or underinsured motorist law; or any similar law, in any jurisdiction.
3. “Bodily injury” to the “insured” or to any “family member” or passenger, or to any “authorized driver” while driving or riding in or on the “rental vehicle.” Where mandated by law, liability coverage for injury to or damage to property of unrelated passengers is limited to a maximum combined limit of $10,000.
4. “Property damage” to the “rental vehicle.”
5. “Bodily injury” or “property damage” expected or intended from the standpoint of the “insured.”
6. Any obligation for which the “insured” or the “insured’s” insurer may be held liable under any worker’s compensation, disability benefits or unemployment compensation law or any similar law.
7. “Bodily injury” to:
a. An employee of the “insured” or “policyholder” or Auto Rental Company arising out of and in the course of employment by the “insured”, or “policyholder” or Auto Rental Company or
b. The spouse, child, parent, brother, or sister of that employee as a consequence of paragraph a. above.
The exclusion applies:
1. Whether the “insured” or “policyholder” or Auto Rental Company may be liable as an employer or in any other capacity; and
2. To any obligation to share damages with or repay someone else who must pay damages because of the injury.
But this exclusion does not apply to “bodily injury” to domestic employees not entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
8. “Bodily injury” to any fellow employee of the “insured” or “policyholder” or Auto Rental Company arising out of and in the course of the fellow employee’s employment.
9. “Property damage” to property owned or transported by the “insured” or “policyholder” or Auto Rental Company or in the “insured’s” or “policyholder’s” or Auto Rental Company’s care, custody, or control.
10. "Bodily injury" or "property damage" arising out of the actual, alleged or threatened discharge, dispersal, seepage, migration, release or escape of "pollutants":
a. That are, or that are contained in any property that is:
(1) Being transported or towed by, handled, or handled for movement into, onto or from, the covered "auto";
(2) Otherwise in the course of transit by or on behalf of the "insured"; or
(3) Being stored, disposed of, treated, or processed in or upon the covered "auto";
b. Before the "pollutants" or any property in which the "pollutants" are contained are moved from the place where they are accepted by the "insured" for movement into or onto the covered "auto"; or
c. After the "pollutants" or any property in which the "pollutants" are contained are moved from the covered "auto" to the place where they are finally delivered, disposed of, or abandoned by the "insured".
Paragraph a. above does not apply to fuels, lubricants, fluids, exhaust gases or other similar "pollutants" that are needed for or result from the normal electrical, hydraulic, or mechanical functioning of the covered "auto" or its parts, if:
(1) The "pollutants" escape, seep, migrate, or are discharged, dispersed, or released directly from an "auto" part designed by its manufacturer to hold, store, receive or dispose of such "pollutants"; and
(2) The "bodily injury", "property damage" or "covered pollution cost or expense" does not arise out of the operation of any equipment listed in Paragraphs 6.b. and 6.c. of the definition of mobile equipment".
Paragraphs b. and c. above of this exclusion do not apply to "accidents" that occur away from premises owned by or rented to an "insured" with respect to "pollutants" not in or upon a covered "auto" if:
(1) The "pollutants" or any property in which the "pollutants" are contained are upset, overturned, or damaged as a result of the maintenance or use of a covered "auto"; and
(2) The discharge, dispersal, seepage, migration, release or escape of the "pollutants" is caused directly by such upset, overturn, or damage.
11. Any loss, cost or expense arising out of any governmental direction or request that the “insured” test for, monitor, clean up, remove, contain, treat, detoxify, or neutralize “pollutants”.
12. “Bodily injury” or “property damage” excluded by the Nuclear Energy Liability Exclusion endorsement made a part of the Policy.
13. Any obligation for which the “Named Insured” or the “Named Insured’s” insurer may be held liable under any workers compensation, disability benefits or unemployment compensation law or any similar law whether or not such a policy exists.
14. “Bodily Injury” or “Property Damage” due to war, whether or not declared, or any act or condition incident to war. War includes civil war, insurrection, rebellion, or revolution.
15. Liability arising out of the following prohibited uses of the “rental vehicle”:
a. To carry people or property for hire;
b. In the commission of a crime;
c. In a speed contest;
d. To tow or push anything; or
e. To drive into Mexico.
16. Liability for damage to the “rental vehicle”.
17. “Loss” or “damage” intentionally caused by the “Named Insured”.
18. Liability arising out of the use of a “rental vehicle” which was obtained through a “rental agreement” based on fraudulent information.
19. Punitive or exemplary damages.
20. Liability arising out of or involving:
a. The insured, renter, or authorized driver ingesting, consuming or otherwise taking intoxicants or narcotics (including but not limited to those related to DWI and/or DUI), whether administered on the advice of a physician or not;
b. Intentionally self-inflicted injury, while sane or insane;
c. Committing or attempting to commit an assault or a felony;
d. Aircraft travel, except as passenger in a licensed aircraft regularly schedule flight;
e. Violation of the rental agreement;
f. Conversion of the motor vehicle; and/or
g. Any illegal acts occurring during the use of the rental vehicle.
21. Any loss of wages or income is excluded under the Policy, whether covered elsewhere or not.
22. The loss of use, of any vehicle or other property, involved in a covered accident is excluded under the Policy, whether covered elsewhere or not.
23. Any loss occurring at a time when the policy is not in effect as a result of the cancellation provisions in the Policy.
24. Any and all damages related to pain and suffering, including but not limited to physical and mental anguish, physical pain, emotional and psychological trauma are excluded under the Policy.
Coverage Territory: The coverage territory is limited to the United States of America, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Coverage territory does not include Mexico. The Policy does not provide coverage for covered rental vehicles while in Mexico under any circumstances.
Notice and Service of Papers: Any notice to be given to Auto Rental Insurance Group PCS or legal papers to be served to Auto Rental Insurance Group PCS, Inc., must be served on Mintzer Sarowitz Zeris Ledva & Meyers, LLP, 2070 Springdale Road Suite 400 Cherry Hill, NJ 08003.
Laws, Policies and Judgements: A maximum aggregate liability limit of $1,000 per incident is included in the Policy in the event that there is, or is instituted, a local, county, state or federal law, policy or judgement that interprets, implies or attempts to make the Policy provide any coverage other than the intended, which is supplemental (last payor) insurance, to an authorized driver of a rented/shared vehicle from an authorized rental/sharing operation.
State Law: Remember state laws may prohibit or modify the optional products offered. Any offer or description on benefits is void where prohibited by law.
Additional Information: A copy of the insurance policy, as issued by the insurance company, can be made available for review. Coverage is underwritten with Auto Rental Insurance Group PCS. A written request must be made directly to the carrier and this request can be made through the administrative offices of: ARIG – P.O. Box 222 – Waldwick, NJ 07463
Notice of Claim: ALL CLAIMS MUST BE FILED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE LOSS OR DAMAGE. Please call the office of MBA Insurance directly to report a claim: 1-800-622-2201.
Your risk is not protected by the state insurance insolvency fund, and the insurer, the risk retention group or risk purchasing group that provides the insurance may not be subject to all of the insurance laws and rules of this state.